If you are not satisfied with the size and shape of your nose or need help with certain breathing issues, you can turn to rhinoplasty or nose job surgery. Through this procedure, you can effectively reshape and resculpt your nose with the help of a seasoned surgeon. In turn, you can grow more confident in your appearance and alleviate many functional issues with your breathing.
However, the decision to get a rhinoplasty comes with a plethora of questions about rhinoplasty recovery time, preparation, and expectations of results. If you do not do your research, some of the answers can come as a surprise and mar your joy of boasting an enhanced appearance.
With the experience, qualifications, and skill set of Beverly Hills rhinoplasty specialist Dr. Gabrielle B. Davis, you can easily get the initial information and hands-on care that you require. From learning who is a good candidate for rhinoplasty to knowing what questions should you ask before rhinoplasty, here are important things to know before getting a nose job.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a highly common procedure that is known for its effective results in reshaping the look of your nose. But in order to benefit from a nose job, you need to meet certain criteria. This ensures optimal results while also taking care of your health.
In order to be an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty, you should typically have the following characteristics.
- You must be in good physical health.
- You should have achieved full facial growth
- You do not have a habit of smoking.
- You should have a clear idea about realistic results.
If you meet these factors, you can consult with a seasoned plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, CA who specializes in performing rhinoplasty.
What Questions Should You Ask Before Rhinoplasty?
Once you reach out to a plastic surgeon, you may ask the following questions during your initial consultation.
- How can the surgery help me with my appearance and functional issues?
- Am I a good candidate for a nose job?
- What type of results can I expect?
- What is going to be my rhinoplasty recovery time?
- What impact is the surgery going to have on my current medical conditions and medication?
- What type of precautions should I take before surgery?
- What surgical technique are you going to use?
These questions help your surgeon determine if rhinoplasty is the right fit for you.
How To Prepare For A Nose Job?
As you prepare for a nose job, you need to keep certain activities and measures in mind. By following these best practices, you can boost your recovery time and minimize discomfort after your surgery.
- Stop smoking at least 4 weeks before your surgery.
- Get lab tests that your plastic surgeon prescribed to you.
- Take the recommended time off work to aid with your recovery.
- Taper off and stop blood-thinning medications that may interfere with surgery.
What Is Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?
After learning who is a good candidate for rhinoplasty and how to prepare for the surgery, you may be interested in knowing what type of recovery window are you looking at for your nose job.
Typically, you can expect swelling from the surgery site to subside within 3 days. While you may go back to work a week after your surgery, your doctor may still advise you to be careful about strenuous activities. Usually, you can return to your normal lifestyle around 3-4 weeks after your rhinoplasty. This is when you properly can unveil your new look to the world.
Choosing Dr. Gabrielle B. Davis For Rhinoplasty In Beverly Hills, CA
Through specialized experience in performing rhinoplasty, Dr. Gabrielle B. Davis is here to help you get the ideal appearance for your nose. At the same time, Dr. Davis can also assist you in alleviating certain breathing issues through a nose job.
To embrace your new look and enjoy a happier life with rhinoplasty, contact us to schedule your personalized consultation today.